wintin Forum Index wintin
Wintin Discussion Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

creating multiple subs from a list

View previous topic :: View next topic  
roadeh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: creating multiple subs from a list Reply with quote

hey..

ive been fiddling with this for a while, but havent had any joy so far so i figured id ask.

basically what im trying to do is highlight/sub combat actions. (im trying to replicate the script in the attached file (which is from tintin++))

i have a list of a damage types:
Code:
#var {damageSINGLES} {hit, bite, smite, pierce, slash, cleave, claw, crush, drain, bludgeon, whip, stab, sting}
#var {damagePLURALS} {hits, bites, smites, pierces, slashes, cleaves, claws, crushes, drains, bludgeons, whips, stabs, stings}

and im trying to make subs for all of them:
Code:
#loop {$damageSINGLES} {#sub {^You miss %1 with your %0.} {You ---> MISS ---> %1}}

fyi: %1 = mob

obviously once ive got this down pat, i can use an alias to create subs for whoever i may be grouped with at the time.

the problem im having is that the code above only creates a single sub:
Code:
^You miss %1 with your %0.

Can anyone give me any ideas on what i might be doing wrong here ? is this even doable ? Or if theres a better to do it, im always open to trying out new things.

ive checked that the list has been created properly, using
Code:
#loop {$damageSINGLES} {#showme %0}
#loop {$damagePLURALS} {#showme %0}

so i dont think the problem is with the list, id say its more likely to be with the code that creates the subs.

Of course, if someone has already done this type of thing for the mud that i play on (mud.arctic.org:2700) and is willing to share i'd be happy with that too.

:)

damage.txt
 Description:
damage subs that work in tintin++

Download
 Filename:  damage.txt
 Filesize:  3.34 KB
 Downloaded:  702 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wintin Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: