wintin Forum Index wintin
Wintin Discussion Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thinking about tracking/hunting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nightwind

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Thinking about tracking/hunting Reply with quote

I don't see so much as a thread talking about it, so I'm going to start typing my thoughts here.

In most cases it's a skill that can fail, and also sometimes give a false positive.

So you both have to be ready for it to give the failure message, the no target to track message, and double check the result.

I'm thinking of an alias that reads the input back in, and then does it again, reporting a fail to you if the direction is not a match, and moves you if it IS a match. A select case for each possible direction on your mud is a starting place. I'm sure there's a number of ways to do it, neat or crude, but I'm going to try 'brute force' and 'stupidity' rather then cute tricks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wintin Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: