wintin Forum Index wintin
Wintin Discussion Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2.07 -- Persistent Script changes break it until restart

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zephyr
Juggernaut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: 2.07 -- Persistent Script changes break it until restart Reply with quote

If you create a persistent C# script it works fine, but then if you make any change to the script (that successfully compiles) it will no longer function at all until you restart the client. I saw this both with subscribing to the ReceivedLine Event and the TextToDisplay Event.

If this is by design you may want to add a note about it to the appropriate section of the help file.
zephyr
Juggernaut

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The above should actually have read, "any change to the event handler".
The contents of Init() still execute.
zephyr
Juggernaut

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized these persistent scripts I'm referring to may be different than what you're thinking of.

These are scripts attached to aliases and actions that cause an event handler to subscribe to whatever event, and in all cases they eventually unsubscribe. I'm not sure if that makes any difference with respect to this issue.
zephyr
Juggernaut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, regular "add Script" type persistent scripts ARE different. Instead of just breaking completely when changed it almost seems like each newly compiled version runs along with all the previous ones (until you restart the client). So you see duplicate effects.
william
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed there's a problem with persistent scripts persisting for too long. The script library doesn't give me a way of disposing of them. The best solution I can think of is to let them supply a method that will be called when the script is being retired - they can unhook events in that method and do any other cleanup that's needed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wintin Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: